My sincere apologies for not keeping everyone up to date on what is going on. Life has got in the way. This trip is still a go although just a bit modified in length due to a later than projected start date. Several things have delayed this trip but I am still launching. May 27th is the projected date which puts me just about a month behind schedule. To make sure I get into the North Country, I am launching in Cincinnati…many reasons have effected this decision.
1. I will still get to paddle the Ohio which will allow me to go downriver and give me a bit of time to get into the swing of things before going upriver on the Mississippi.
2. I cuts off the amount of time, well not all of it but a lot of it, that I am behind schedule.
3. It gives me a definitive return spot I know I can paddle to at trips end.
4. Its the closest launch point for my sister to drive me to.
I have been following others paddling adventures with earnest and have learned the water is running swift and high. I may have to upgrade my PFD. 🙂
I am still looking for places to speak if anyone is interested. Be it a school, church or coffee shop, I am sure I can come up with something to talk about. I have never been at a loss of words before. 🙂
I am not sure if I will have a spray skirt or not. I hope so but this would involve sewing one myself and I am no seamstress. There are some nice ones you can buy but they would cost 2 months of expedition money. Just a bit steep for my pocketbook.
Stay tuned for more reports upcoming and watch this site for a live tracker you can go to anytime an see where I will be. I really hope to meet you on this adventure of the soul.